EVE Online

EVE Online

Postby Jrodimus » Thu Mar 03, 2011 9:24 am

Just started playing this last month. Anyone else here into it?
Jrodimus

Re: EVE Online

Postby firemonkey » Thu Mar 03, 2011 4:01 pm

This game is sooo pretty. I checked out the demo at PAX and while I love the concept, I found the game to be very complex. It wasn't so much fun to play. Of course, there were no instructions or staff to help me at the booth, so all I was doing was pushing buttons to try to figure it out, but I failed to do anything except make my little ship go forward or stop. heh.
firemonkey
Site Admin

Re: EVE Online

Postby Jrodimus » Thu Mar 03, 2011 4:13 pm

A friend of mine over here introduced me to it. The game itself has a pretty good tutorial for new players to introduce them to the numerous ways you can go about playing it. Want to be a space miner and industrialist? Check. A merchant? Check. Run an intergalactic corp and go to war with other corps over entire systems? Check.

I admit it is incredibly complex and daunting at first. But once you run through the tutorial and the first few missions, you really get the hang of it. The next major expansion (I think set for this summer) will actually enable players to walk around in the space stations and own real estate and businesses in them.
Jrodimus

Return to Video Games